This weekend I decided to break in my 1.5 Quart Crockpot. It’s blue! After scouring my Pinterest for recipes, I finally found something that I could make in my dorm, was cheap, and I wouldn’t get tired of eating. I decided on this recipe. I had to adapt the original recipe. Since I’m not a fan of fire-y hot spice and I have a budget to follow.
So here is my Fiesta Cheese Dip:
- 1/4 lb ground beef
- 1/2 of a normal sized onion
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash’s Fiesta Lime seasoning
- 1 10 0z can of Rotel diced tomatoes with lime juice and cilantro
- 1 Lb Velveeta block
- First, I microwaved the ground beef for 3 minutes. During the three minutes I chopped my half of the onion and cubbed the Velveeta.
- I then mashed the beef so that is was in small chunks in the crockpot. I added the onion and a teaspoon of Mrs. Dash’s seasoning.
- On high heat, the mixture sat and simmered for 10 minutes, being stirred occasionally.
- After adding the Rotel (I did not drain the Rotel) and cubbed Velveeta, I slow-cooked the dip for 45 minutes on low heat, like what was recommended.
- I stirred the mixture. The cubs were not melting like I expected, so I bumped up the heat to high for 20 minutes.
- After stirring periodically, the dip was done and ready to eat!
What a wonderful snacky lunch! Even though Fiesta Cheese Dip does not have any jalapeños, it still has quite the bite to it. I really enjoyed eating the dip and plan on making it again.
The next time I make it, I am going to cook the meat and onions together and I am going to cook it on high heat the entire time.
I think my little crockpot did wonderfully! ! I think I’m going to try something again in a couple of weeks.
What are some of your favorite cheese dip recipes? Do you have any suggestions for my next recipe?